Last Updated 10-03-2018
Luminant Power & Mining
The SPG books for Luminant Mining Company are CLOSED and we do not have an expected date to reopen them.
The SPG books for Luminant Generating Company will be OPEN for Oak Grove Generating. Read the following for details.
IBEW Local 2337 will hold one signing session at our Union Hall close to the Kosse Mine. Kosse Hall / 1876 SH 7 E / KOSSE, TX 76653
- One Session at our Kosse, TX Union Hall
- October 24, 2018
- Those in line will begin receiving a number at 5:30 p.m.
- Must have your HS Diploma / transcript & Drivers License WITH you before you are allowed to sign. (Please bring a copy with you to speed up the process)
- Initial Background checks will be completed before the session begins.
- Session will begin at approximately 6:30 p.m.
- Date & Information on POSS/MASS Aptitude testing will be given before applicants leave the Kosse Hall.
- Applicant must pass the POSS/MASS test to be eligible for an interview
- Entry Level SPG Material Specialist starting @ 19.16 hr.
Luminant’s Minimum Requirements:
- Valid Drivers License or a Copy — (An ID Card will not work!)
- High School Diploma/Transcript or GED (copy)
- All Candidates Must Pass a Background Check (day of signing)
- Online Application (SPG CAREER POSTING should be online at Luminant.com the day of book signing. ONLY applicants on the book and sent by our office will be considered for testing, interviews, and job fulfillment.
- Luminant will do an extensive background check – No Felonies. Additional information will be given at the sign ups. If you have a question, email email@example.com
The only locations active in the SPG process in the last few years have been Kosse Mine &
Oak Grove Generating. Unfortunately, due to 2018 closures, Monticello and Big Brown have been removed from the list below. Martin Lake Mining has also been removed due to expected decreases over the next 5 years.
Current locations participating in the SPG Program.
- Martin Lake Plant (Tatum Area)
- Kosse Mine (Kosse Area)
- Oak Grove Plant (Franklin Area)
Bookmark this page and check back for updates on book openings, closures and date changes.
For SPG Applicants who have already signed the books(s). People who have not been removed for some reason & have not had an interview will remain on the books and be contacted for an interview if Luminant has a need to hire SPGs in the future. If your contact information changes, email Cheryl with your current information. Make sure you have your book number before you call or email with updated information. If Luminant request more individuals than we have available on the book, we will post on this page, at least 2 weeks in advance, when and where sessions will be held for applications. Normally we will also post in the local papers for the area needed.
The book location below is where the call out will begin on the next interview list requested from Luminant.
KO/OG Mining 114-32 KO/OG Generating 115-18
ML2 Generating 38-26
Last Updated 10-03-2018
Cheryl Sneed – firstname.lastname@example.org